- The Farmer’s Dog pricing varies depending on the size of your dog. Fresh food can cost approximately $2 to $10 per day depending on your dog’s size (smaller dogs need less food — and therefore cost less to feed — than larger dogs). Using an example profile for a 10-pound dog, The Farmer’s Dog pricing came out to roughly $18 per week.
- 1 Is the farmer’s dog affordable?
- 2 How much is the farmer’s dog subscription?
- 3 Do vets recommend farmer’s dog?
- 4 Is there a cheaper alternative to farmer’s dog?
- 5 Is farmer’s dog grain-free?
- 6 What do vets say about the farmer’s dog?
- 7 Where is the farmer’s dog food shipped from?
- 8 How long does farmer’s dog food last?
- 9 Does the farmer’s dog food cause diarrhea?
- 10 Is farmer’s dog raw?
- 11 Can I cook for my dog?
- 12 Who owns the farmer’s dog?
- 13 What is better farmers dog or just food for dogs?
- 14 Can dogs eat eggs?
- 15 The Farmer’s Dog Cost
- 16 The Farmer’s Dog Review – Must Read This Before Buying
- 17 Overview of The Farmer’s Dog
- 18 Why Go With Fresh Dog Food?
- 19 How Does The Farmer’s Dog Work?
- 20 The Farmer’s Dog Food
- 21 What Does The Farmer’s Dog Cost?
- 22 The Farmer’s Dog Reviews: What Do Customers Think?
- 23 Is The Farmer’s Dog Worth It?
- 24 The Farmer’s Dog PromotionsDiscounts
- 25 How to Sign up for The Farmer’s Dog
- 26 FAQ
- 27 How to Contact The Farmer’s Dog
- 28 Get Access to Exclusive Deals
- 29 All About The Farmer’s Dog
- 30 My The Farmer’s Dog Review
- 31 My Verdict – Is The Farmer’s Dog Worth It?
- 32 The Farmer’s Dog Food Review: Is Farmer’s Dog Worth It?
- 33 About The Farmer’s Dog + Major Benefits
- 34 How The Farmer’s Dog Works
- 35 How Much Does The Farmer’s Dog Cost?
- 36 Pros + Cons of The Farmer’s Dog
- 37 My Experience With The Farmer’s Dog
- 38 Should You Try The Farmer’s Dog?
- 39 Farmer’s Dog FAQ
- 40 Ollie vs The Farmer’s Dog: Comparing the Best Fresh Dog Food
- 41 Is there anything wrong with regular dog food?
- 42 Is wet food unhealthy too?
- 43 Disruption in the dog food industry
- 44 What makes fresh dog food different?
- 45 Ollie vs The Farmer’s Dog Price Comparison
- 46 Ollie vs The Farmer’s Dog: Comparing Fresh Dog Food Delivery
- 47 How much does Ollie cost?
- 48 Who is offering the free trial?
- 49 The Verdict: Which is better, Farmer’s Dog or Ollie?
- 50 Discover more innovative pet care brands
Is the farmer’s dog affordable?
The Farmer’s Dog states that subscriptions start as low as $2 a day. For two weeks of food, we found prices range from $2.80/day for the Yorkie to just over $10 a day for the Afghan Hound. The daily cost will be even higher for a dog over 60lbs. This is more expensive than Ollie.
How much is the farmer’s dog subscription?
How much does The Farmer’s Dog Cost? Fresh dog food subscriptions range from $2-$12/day and depend on your dog’s needs and the frequency of deliveries. DIY Nutrient Mix plans start at $1/week and include free shipping. ACTIVE DEAL: Save 50% off your first order.
Do vets recommend farmer’s dog?
The Farmer’s Dog recipes are formulated by board-certified veterinary nutritionists to meet the nutritional levels established by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles for all life stages. The company also has a full-time animal nutritionist on staff, as recommended by the World Small Animal Veterinary Association.
Is there a cheaper alternative to farmer’s dog?
Nom Nom is another excellent subscription service for top-quality, fresh dog food delivered to your door. Compared to The Farmer’s Dog, they don’t take as many health issues into account in their dog profile, but they’re more affordable. Nom Nom also stands out for its money-back guarantee and great customer service.
Is farmer’s dog grain-free?
The Dog Food Advisor finds The Farmer’s Dog to be an exceptional, grain-free fresh wet dog food. Each human-grade recipe uses a generous amount of fresh named meat as its main source of animal protein… thus earning the brand 5 stars.
What do vets say about the farmer’s dog?
Dr. Rosenthal told The Canine Review that the fact that The Farmer’s Dog is grain-free is not what troubles him. Rather, it is the fact that the food is not tested according to AAFCO standards.
Where is the farmer’s dog food shipped from?
The Farmer’s Dog food is made in the USA, free of preservatives or processed ingredients, as the aim is not to be shelf-stable. They want to ensure your dog gets the most natural nutrients available.
How long does farmer’s dog food last?
The food is then quickly frozen (not deep frozen) and shipped to your home. No preservatives are ever used in The Farmer’s Dog recipes, so the food has a much shorter shelf life of 4 days once it is thawed in the refrigerator. If kept frozen, the packaged meals will stay fresh for 4 months.
Does the farmer’s dog food cause diarrhea?
Making the change too quickly can cause stomach upset and diarrhea.
Is farmer’s dog raw?
Is The Farmer’s Dog food raw? No, it arrives to you fully cooked (by low heat to preserve the nutrients). Just thaw it in the fridge and serve. You can heat it up if your dog prefers it that way.
Can I cook for my dog?
Cooking for your dog offers benefits like diet management, appeasing picky eaters, and bond-building. Common home cooking mistakes include using unsafe ingredients and not preparing balanced meals. While homemade dog food has merits, pre-prepared foods with whole ingredients are now available.
Who owns the farmer’s dog?
Jonathan Yoni Regev – Co-Founder, CEO – The Farmer’s Dog | LinkedIn.
What is better farmers dog or just food for dogs?
The Farmer’s Dog is better if you have multiple dogs, want to mix multiple recipes in one order, or need a meal topper plan. Just Food for Dogs is better if you are seeking a variety of meal choices, need a specialized diet or novel protein, or want supplements.
Can dogs eat eggs?
Eggs are perfectly safe for dogs, Eggs are a great source of nutrition for your canine companion. They are high in protein, fatty acids, vitamins, and fatty acids that help support your dog inside and out. Remember that eggs are only as good as the chicken they come from. Before feeding your dog eggs, talk to your vet.
The Farmer’s Dog Cost
Do you want to know how much The Farmer’s Dog costs? Take a look at this article. If you have a dog, you’ve probably already figured in the cost of dog-related expenses into your household budget. It is true that when it comes to feeding your dog, you are not always better off purchasing the packaged kibble that is available on the grocery store shelf. It is possible that it does not contain the optimal nutrition, especially if your dog suffers from allergies, digestive difficulties, or other unique requirements.
You might be astonished by what I’m about to say.
DON’T MISS THIS OFFER!Save 50% on The Farmer’s Dog right now throughthis exclusive link.
Are you curious about the price of The Farmer’s Dog? This article should be read. If you have a dog, you’ve probably already included in the cost of dog-related expenses into your financial planning process. When it comes to feeding your dog, however, it is not always preferable to purchase the pre-packaged kibble that is available on the supermarket shelf. Especially if your dog suffers from allergies, digestive disorders, or other unique requirements, it may not provide the optimal nutrition for him.
You might be startled at what I’m about to say.
Other Brands vs. The Farmer’s Dog Cost
A 25-pound dog will consume around $1 per day of commercial kibble from a respectable mass-market brand, and a 55-pound dog will consume approximately $2 per day of commercial kibble. On the other hand, a suitable amount of fresh dog food produced from actual cooked meat and vegetables for the same dog will be more expensive than the cheaper alternative. The cost of a Farmer’s Dog is as follows:
- A 25-pound dog will cost around $4 to $5 per day, while a 55-pound dog would cost approximately $8 to $9 per day.
However, once again, this isn’t precisely a case of apples vs oranges. For starters, a well-rounded meal made from whole ingredients is in no way comparable to many kibbles on the market. According to the Farmer’s Dog website, “all of our ingredients are human-grade and come from restaurant suppliers, local farms, or other human food providers.” “We never utilize feed-grade products, and we never treat our components to make them shelf-stable, allowing us to obtain the maximum amount of natural nutrients possible,” says the company.
What Type of Food Is Best for Your Dog?
In the last few decades, veterinarians’ understanding of canine nutrition has progressed significantly. Dogs were thought to be carnivores thirty years ago, according to scientists. They now realize that dogs are omnivores, something was previously unknown to them. Despite this, many dog food producers employ deceptive marketing techniques to convince consumers that they are purchasing balanced and healthy goods for their pets. Some proteins are not easily digested due to their structure. As an example, according to PetMD, maize, which is a main component in many conventional dog meals, is one of the least digestible proteins available.
It is permitted to use in dog food a variety of raw components that are not suitable for human consumption.
Furthermore, most dog meals that you may purchase on grocery store shelves are made to suit the nutritional needs of the ordinary dog at the bare minimum.
Everything above may have you wondering if it’s preferable to prepare fresh dog food from home instead of purchasing canned dog food.
When it comes to feeding your pet, there is a convenience issue to consider. Cooking different meals for their pets is something that many people would find difficult to undertake on a regular basis. Fortunately, there is a happy medium between the extremes.
Is The Farmer’s Dog Worth It?
Yes. In our opinion, the Farmer’s Dog is well worth the investment. You will receive customized meal plans that have been developed by veterinary nutritionists to provide your dog with the nutrients they require. Food is prepared in human-grade kitchens using actual ingredients before being frozen and delivered to your home. The recipes are created from scratch using real ingredients. A personalized diet for your pet is provided by The Farmer’s Dog rather than a one-size-fits-all approach. The price of a Farmer’s Dog varies.
Every animal is unique, and the ingredients and price of this high-quality dog food are designed to meet the specific nutritional requirements of your pet.
Your dog will notice and feel the change, and you will too.
The Farmer’s Dog – 50% Off Trial
Now is a great chance to save money on your first buy since you can enjoy an astounding 50 percent discount right now. There is no need to enter a promotional code. Give The Farmer’s Dog a try now and see how much better your pet will do on a healthy, clean meal that is the closest thing you can get to homemade! More information may be found here. Get a 50% discount right now!
Written by Dave Baker
Dave Baker, the creator and publisher of Petful, is a journalist and editor who has previously worked for publications such as The New York Times and The Nation. He was also a member of the Times-Picayune newspaper’s 2006 Pulitzer Prize–winning team, which was based in New Orleans. After Hurricane Katrina wreaked havoc on New Orleans, he relocated to Brooklyn, New York, where Petful is currently headquartered. Dave, a long-time champion for pet food safety, has been following pet food recalls for more than a decade, and more than 30,000 pet owners have subscribed to his recall notifications, which are typically sent faster than the recall notices issued by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) (FDA).
The Farmer’s Dog Review – Must Read This Before Buying
The Farmer’s Dog is an online business that delivers freshly prepared pet food right to your home. With its tagline of “simple recipes, guided by science, and driven by love,” the company has rethought pet food by integrating human-grade ingredients and allowing customers to customise feeding regimens based on their dogs’ profiles and tastes, among other things. For the most part, the brand has transformed ordinary dog food into a delectable gourmet dining experience for your canine companion.
Its early entry into the company, combined with its reputation for openness, helps to explain the brand’s large following on social media, which includes 143k followers on Instagram and more than 71k followers on Facebook, among other things.
The Farmer’s Dog just adds a delightful variation to the dish.
In order to help you understand why you shouldn’t be the only one who eats healthy, we’ve written a Farmer’s Dog review. We’ll show you how The Farmer’s Dog makes life easier for you and your canine companion by delivering real meat dog chow right to your door step.
Overview of The Farmer’s Dog
The narrative of The Farmer’s Dog begins with Jada, a gorgeous Rottweiler puppy who suffered from terrible intestinal disorders for two years before being adopted by the Farmer. When her father, Brett Podolsky, sought advice from a veterinarian, he was told to feed her simple home-cooked meals. The result was almost immediate. Jada was healed in a matter of hours, and Brett became a proponent of whole foods. Brett formed a partnership with his buddy and fellow dog parent Jonathan Regev shortly after Jada’s recovery to launch The Farmer’s Dog rescue organization.
They learnt from Jada’s experience that just because a bag of pet food has the phrases “real,” “healthy,” “natural,” or “organic,” does not imply that it is the same as actual, fresh food for your pet.
Despite the fact that The Farmer’s Dog has been in business for seven years, Brett and Jonathan have no plans to slow down.
If you notice the Farmer’s Dog stamp, you may be sure that the food is as follows:
- USDA kitchens prepare this product, which is fresh, vet-approved, and human-grade. Your canine offspring has licked you clean (according to dog parents’ testimonials)
The owners, Brett and Jonathan, claim they individually taste-test their pet food formulations on a regular basis because they wouldn’t do it any other way. However, much as with human food, there are advantages and disadvantages to eating The Farmer’s Dog. Some of them will be listed on The Farmer’s Dogreview based on customer evaluations, research, and my own experience (and worries) as a dog parent, among other factors.
- Made from natural ingredients (there are no preservatives or fillers in this recipe)
- The recipes have been created by board-certified veterinary nutritionists. Compliance with the criteria of the Association of American Feed Control Officials (AAFCO)
- Plans that may be tailored to meet the specific requirements of your pet
- Made in the United States of America
- Shipping and delivery are completely free and flexible. There is the option of auto-shipping. Packaging that is environmentally friendly
- There are few protein alternatives, which is especially problematic for dogs with dietary allergies or sensitivities. Bags that cannot be resealed Refrigeration or deep freezing are required for perishable items. Although it is more expensive when compared to typical dog food alternatives, you are paying for high-quality ingredients.
Why Go With Fresh Dog Food?
In the first place, here are some somber statistics and facts on why it’s so vital to know what goes into your dog’s food. According to a research conducted by VCA Animal Hospital, active dental disease affects 80 percent of pets older than three years of age in the United States. In the United States, about 60% of dogs are either fat or overweight, according to statistics. The Farmer’s Dogreview will now have a look at what we can do to prevent our canine friends from extinction. According to The Farmer’s Dog, the first step is to provide them with proper nutrition.
Production of pet food in the United States is carried out at disturbingly low levels of safety and quality, which are concealed behind lax labeling and marketing regulations:
- Dietary supplements such as “Chicken Meal” may include meat from ill animals. Label Tricks: Foods can be hidden behind deceptive packaging. ‘Made with beef’ might refer to as little as 3 percent beef. The brown pellets indicate that the kibble has been processed extensively, regardless of the ingredient claims (or photographs).
The Farmer’s Dog has arrived, bringing with it a selection of freshly prepared foods. Unlike other companies, this one does not make a lot of extravagant promises. The website plainly indicates that there is nothing flashy or magical about what they are attempting to achieve at this time. The Farmer’s Dog’s claim to fame is that they prepare authentic, seasonal meals. “It’s still dog food, and that’s exactly way it should be,” the company claims. If anything, the humility of the brand has earned it my admiration.
It is prepared in the United States of America and contains no preservatives or processed ingredients because it is not intended to be shelf-stable.
So, what changes can you anticipate to observe in your canine companion as a result of making the switch?
To put it another way, your child will not only survive, but will also flourish.
How Does The Farmer’s Dog Work?
The first step in evaluating The Farmer’s Dogcooked dog food is to build an online profile on the company’s website by entering your information. I established a profile for myself and my dog Sir Harisson Furred, a fox terrier-dachshund mix, for the purpose of reviewing The Farmer’s Dog. The entire process took less than ten minutes to complete. As part of the Farmer’s Dog membership process, you will be required to provide some basic information about your pet, such as his or her gender, age, weight, and breed.
Fill up the blanks with any relevant information on your pet, such as:
- Making an online profile on the company’s website is the first step in evaluating The Farmer’s Dog prepared dog food. The profile I prepared for myself and my fox terrier-dachshund mix Sir Harisson Furred for The Farmer’s Dog review was based on my own personality and that of my dog. In all, fewer than 10 minutes were spent on this project. The Farmer’s Dog subscription process begins with you entering some basic information about your pet, such as his or hersex, age, weight and breed. You will then be prompted to enter additional information, such as your name, zip code and contact information as well as some information about your pet. Fill in the blanks with any information you know about your pet, such as the following:
After completing the questionnaire, I discovered that Sir Furred required around 265 calories per day and was provided with a calorie allowance. There are three different recipes to pick from: beef, chicken, and turkey. In addition, The Farmer’s Dog offers a two-week tasting trial that begins within a week of a consumer selecting a plan and making an order with the company. To preserve the product cold, the dog food is packed with dry ice, and the food is pre-portioned into bags that contain enough food to last a whole day for the dog.
Following the trial period, your chosen plan will be paid and mailed every eight weeks.
You may also tailor the frequency according on the requirements and preferences of your canine companion, and you can cancel at any time.
The Farmer’s Dog Food
The Farmer’s Dogmeal plans are a blend of four separate recipes that use beef, chicken, turkey, and pork as the main ingredients. The following ingredients will now be highlighted in the Farmer’s Dog food evaluation for each of these recipes:
- USDA beef, sweet potato, lentils, carrot, beef liver, kale, sunflower seeds, fish oil, and TFD nutrient blend (Vitamin mix) are all included in the beef portion. USDA chicken, brussels sprouts, chicken liver, bok choy, broccoli, fish oil, and TFD nutrient pack are included in the chicken meal. TFD nutritional mix and USDA turkey are used in the preparation of this dish. Turkey: USDA turkey, chickpeas, carrots, broccoli, parsnip, spinach, and fish oil are used in the preparation of this dish. TFD Nutrient Blend and USDA Pork
- Sweet Potatoes and Potatoes
- Green Beans and Cauliflower
- Pork Liver
- Fish Oil
- USDA Pork
What Does The Farmer’s Dog Cost?
Dietary plans at The Farmer’s Dog are priced at $2 per day. Each dog is unique, and the price of a full meal will vary depending on a range of criteria like as age, weight, and activity level. The Farmer’s Dog puppy food formulations and quantities are determined by the weight of your pup. You may find out the actual cost by going to TheFarmersDog.com and completing the questionnaire provided by the firm. During the two-week trial period, the complete daily meals for Sir Furred were priced at $28.70 per week, with a 20 percent discount applied (for a total of $45.90, which was reduced from $57.40).
If you have more than one mouth to feed, or if your dog is larger than the average, The Farmer’s Dog is likely to be the most expensive alternative.
For example, if you are the owner of a 60lb Golden Retriever, a complete daily-meal plan will cost you $70.75 a week for your pet.
That amounts to a hefty $283 each month! On the bright side, if your dog doesn’t seem to enjoy the food, the firm will send you more recipes to test, or you may get a refund if you donate the food to a rescue organization.
The Farmer’s Dog Reviews: What Do Customers Think?
As part of our research for The Farmer’s Dogreview, we read multiple customer reviews, all of which expressed a variety of opinions, ranging from skepticism about the company’s push for fresh food to disbelief over its bombshell prices to exasperation over the difficulty of transitioning their canines from dry food to wet food. Customers have given the brand an average rating of 2.33/5 stars on the BBB’s website, which is based on 6 reviews. The majority of pet owners were dissatisfied with the company’s customer service, particularly with the length of time it took to terminate their membership.
- As a result, I now have two months’ worth of frozen dog food ($250) that my puppy would not even look upon.
- Customer service at Farmer’s Dog has been criticized on Reddit, with some users questioning the word “human-grade” and others expressing frustration with what appears to be a recurring issue with the company’s customer service.
- “I’ve tried them all and have received no response,” stated another.
- However, once they have passed through that first obstacle, the effects are very immediate.
- ” Her poop is so much better now,” wrote a client on the social media site Reddit.
Is The Farmer’s Dog Worth It?
In terms of pricing points, the Farmer’s Dog is on the pricier end of the scale. For those who are concerned about their dog’s nutrition, prefer to be kept informed about what goes into it, are particular about how it comes out, and are ready to pay a premium for it, The Farmer’s Dogis a good option to consider. Many pet parents are put off by the first battle to get their dog acclimated to eating new food because of the cost. Having raised a canine who was a finicky eater, I would recommend supplementing the fresh food with only a sprinkle of kibble throughout the trial time.
Only a few consumers have expressed concerns about the quality of the products used by The Farmer’s Dog.
Because of the brand’s devotion to high production standards, it is regarded as dependable. It’s also a practical alternative for pet parents who have busy schedules to consider. What is the conclusion of the Farmer’s dog review? Give it a go and see how it goes!
The Farmer’s Dog PromotionsDiscounts
The Farmer’s Dog has extended a special 50 percent discount to members of our community. Take advantage of this limited-time offer to experience Farmer’s Dog today, since it will not be available indefinitely.
How to Sign up for The Farmer’s Dog
As a courtesy to my fellow pet owners, the Farmer’s Dog review includes detailed step-by-step instructions on how to sign up for The Farmer’s Dog.
- The Farmer’s Dog website requires you to set up an online profile for yourself and your dog(s). Input information about yourself (name, email, zip code) and your dog (sex, age, weight and breed
- Body composition
- Level of activity
- And food habits). An algorithm will be used by The Farmer’s Dog to provide recipe recommendations based on the information entered
- However, this is not guaranteed. Deliveries of food for two weeks (during the trial period) will be made to your doorstep within a week of placing your order
- It is automatic for the subscription to renew at the end of two weeks, and your plan will be invoiced and supplied every eight weeks after that.
Furthermore, customers may choose to adjust the frequency of shipment based on their dog’s preferences, or they can terminate the service at any time. You may also request a modification to the recipe.
The company’s headquarters are in New York, in the United States of America.
Is The Farmer’s Dog raw food?
Located in New York, the brand’s headquarters provide services to customers across the world.
How long does it take for The Farmer’s Dog to ship?
The Farmer’s Dog presently ships to all 48 contiguous states in the United States at no additional cost to the customer. Customers receive supplies of freshly cooked meals on a recurrent and flexible basis, depending on their needs. Typically, the first delivery arrives within a week of placing the order, and following deliveries are scheduled in such a manner that your pet does not run out of food. Prior to invoicing and shipping, you will receive an email notification for each order placed with us.
How do I cancel The Farmer’s Dog?
When logged into their accounts on The Farmer’s Dog website, customers can make changes to their shipment frequency, as well as stop or cancel their membership at any time. The Farmer’s Dogreview was unable to locate any information on the length of time it takes to process refunds.
How to Contact The Farmer’s Dog
In the event that you still have concerns after reading our The Farmer’s Dog review, you can contact customer care by sending an email to or calling (646) 780-7957. With Jinx, you can learn about nutritious dog food and treats for your canine. Toys delivered directly to your door will delight your four-legged friend. Take a look at the Bark Box subscription service.
Get Access to Exclusive Deals
This box was sent to us at no cost in exchange for our evaluation. (You can learn more about how we review boxes by reading our page about the review process. I’m not ashamed to admit that my three dogs are spoilt, and I’m not embarrassed to say so. They’re actually part of my family, and I’m concerned about their well-being and safety. That’s why I was intrigued by The Farmer’s Dogand their tailored dog meal programs, which they provide. Would feeding each dog a different diet make a significant difference?
All About The Farmer’s Dog
When you visit The Farmer’s Dog’s website, you’ll be asked to create a profile on your dog so that the company may create meals specifically for your dog. What is your dog’s weight in pounds? In what breed do you keep your dog? What is their given name? Do you give your dog any goodies or leftovers from your meals? The list goes on and on because they are looking for a great deal of information that will help them create a formula that is tailored to your dog’s needs and is manufactured from human-grade components.
Because, of course, your puppy is the prettiest thing that has ever been, right?
According to the information on their website, “What we’re attempting isn’t very innovative or magical: it’s simply a matter of delivering real, fresh food in a convenient manner. It’s still dog chow, which is exactly what it should be.”
What are the Farmer’s Dog Plans?
Depending on the number of dogs you have and their nutritional requirements, Farmer’s Dog fresh food delivery plans will be created — and the company will offer recommendations based on the information you supply about your pets. You have the ability to adjust your delivery settings at any moment, whether you want meals delivered faster or later. The company also provides a DIY Nutrient Mix plan, which includes ingredients that dog owners can use to supplement their own home-made dog food recipes.
How much does The Farmer’s Dog Cost?
Fresh dog food subscriptions range in price from $2 to $12 each day, depending on your dog’s nutritional requirements and the frequency of delivery. Plans for DIY Nutrient Mixes start at $1/week and include free shipping and handling. CURRENT DEAL: Get a 50% discount on your first order of any size. There is no need for a coupon – simply click on this link.
Where does The Farmer’s Dog ship to and how much does it cost?
At the moment, the firm offers free shipping to the 48 contiguous United States.
What dog food “flavors” are available?
As soon as you’ve completed the quiz procedure with each dog in order to provide The Farmer’s Dog with your pup’s critical information, you’ll be given the opportunity to select one of the following recipe flavors:
My The Farmer’s Dog Review
I have three dogs, each of which has a different weight and set of requirements. My dog is a little gassy right now (ahem). My coonhound is a senior dog that doesn’t receive nearly as much exercise as he previously did since he’s getting older. My corgi, on the other hand, is just a year old and is still bursting with activity. The downside is that meals may get quite hectic! As a result, I was interested if The Farmer’s Dog food would make it a little easier to serve them each their own meal.
Unboxing My Order
The Farmer’s Dog food is packaged in a large cardboard box that can be recycled and is decorated with adorable sayings such as “long live the dogs.” When I returned home to see a box on my porch, I knew right away that my dog food had come! When I opened it up, I discovered that it was densely filled with biodegradable insulation, which I could easily dispose of in my compost bin. Each container of dog food included therein was also frozen solid — and every single one is tagged with each dog’s name, so even though they all looked virtually identical, I was able to tell instantly which dog had received which food!
- The food is packaged in biodegradable packaging (a victory for the environment!) with labels that identify the type of dog the food is intended for as well as the amount of food to feed them on a daily basis.
- You will also receive emails including video lessons that will teach you how to feed your pups the most effectively utilizing the food packages you have purchased.
- Because you’re required to break the packages up, things can become a little muddled, and you can’t reseal the packets to avoid any spillage onto the fridge shelf.
- The Farmer’s Dog recommends putting it inside another container for this purpose, but that means you’ll have to clean yet another container.
- a bag that is insulated This zippered bag wasn’t something I’d particularly requested, so it was a really welcome bonus.
- And it’s large enough to be used for your own food in the grocery shop, which will aid in keeping cold food cold on the way home from the store!
Feeding schedules for each individual dog Each dog was given a feeding guide that described how to gently transition their bellies from their current food to The Farmer’s Dog in order to avoid any stomach troubles, as well as tips on portioning and portion control!
What I Loved
The Consumption of Food I’m not exaggerating when I say that my dogs adored The Farmer’s Dog Food. I discovered that one had placed her dish up against the wall to obtain leverage, allowing her to lick at the bowl until she had gotten every last piece. That’s what I call commitment! Even my senior dog, who has a tendency to eat more slowly as he gets older and who does not always finish his meals, has shown signs of increased enthusiasm when it comes to eating recently. Not only does he complete everything in his bowl, but he also consumes it at a rate that is comparable to that of his sisters.
- The chunks of broccoli and turkey can be seen immediately, and the consistency was similar to that of a pate.
- Being able to keep packets in the fridge that are pre-labeled and pre-portioned for each dog makes life so much easier, especially when someone else in the household is in charge of feeding the animals.
- It Has a Smell The majority of moist dog meals have an unpleasant odor to me.
- The Farmer’s Dog, on the other hand, smells just like ordinary turkey that you might prepare yourself.
- The tutorials they provided on how to distribute the food were really useful!
- If it isn’t eaten by your dogs, it is either recyclable (the cardboard box) or biodegradable (the plastic container) (the insulation and food packaging).
What I Didn’t Like
The Scandal Following The Farmer’s Dog’s directions to cut the packages in half was simple enough, but it resulted in a package that had been sliced in half on both sides. as well as having no way to close it up to keep it from spilling out onto my refrigerator shelf. They advised placing it in a different container, which meant another container to wash and disinfect. I understand that doing so will make the packaging more sustainable — after all, recycling my own containers is environmentally friendly!
How Much Does It Cost?
If I were to continue using The Farmer’s Dog for all three of my dogs, it would cost me $24.46 each day, or $171.21 per week, assuming I stayed on the plan.
Following up, I discovered that my two larger dogs were the most expensive to feed because — surprise!
They just require more food at 50 pounds and 70 pounds, respectively. If I were only purchasing food for my corgi, who consumes half the amount of food that one of her larger siblings consumes, it would be a lot less difficult to pay the cost.
My Verdict – Is The Farmer’s Dog Worth It?
Honestly, I was really taken away by this brand. In particular, I enjoyed seeing how much my dogs enjoyed their meal, and I was impressed by the extraordinary level of care and attention to detail that went into the entire The Farmer’s Dog process, which I appreciated as a dog owner and dog lover. My dogs really like this food, and I appreciated everything about it, from the sustainability component to the fact that I could see the ingredients and knew exactly what they were eating.
Price and Value
The rates of The Farmer’s Dog vary greatly depending on the breed of your dog, ranging from as low as $2 a day to as much as $12 a day. When you have numerous pets, the costs may add up quickly. For a single dog or a tiny dog, the Farmer’s Dog appears to be the most cost-effective option – feeding my year-old corgi, for example, would cost me only $2.65 per day, as opposed to feeding my two larger dogs, whose food would cost me over $11 per day each. Price-wise, the prices are comparable to those of other wet food suppliers.
That works up to just.88 cents each day, and for that amount, I can feed two dogs.
Even though the food is fully prepared and ready to be defrosted (or frozen), The Farmer’s Dog goes out of its way to ensure that you understand exactly what you’re doing and that you never have a “huh” moment when cooking with them. The pre-portioning is very simple, and the labels make things more simpler yet. THE DEAL IS CURRENTLY ACTIVE: Get a 50 percent discount on your first buy. There is no need for a coupon – simply click on this link. Interested in learning more about how to make your dog’s life better?
The Farmer’s Dog Food Review: Is Farmer’s Dog Worth It?
- Get a 50 percent discount on your first order at The Farmer’s Dog Restaurant (special deal for K9 of Mine readers). To receive your discount, please click here.
It’s no secret that The Farmer’s Dog is one of the most popular fresh dog food products on the market, and it’s just getting more popular with each passing day. It is important for dog owners to treat their pets as members of their family, and The Farmer’s Dog guarantees a fresh and healthy solution that can be delivered directly to your home. This, of course, makes it an excellent alternative for people who don’t mind paying a little additional money to indulge their canine companion with the greatest treats available.
About The Farmer’s Dog + Major Benefits
The Farmer’s Dog delivers human-grade dog chow that is prepared fresh daily for your canine companion. Complete and balanced nourishment for your dog is provided by the use of whole meats and vegetables in the recipe. The following are some of the most significant advantages:
- Ingredients that are fresh. Reliable food suppliers, local farms, and other human food purveyors who adhere to USDA regulations are used in the preparation of the food products. Food for The Farmer’s Dog is not made using feed-grade ingredients
- Instead, it is made with Simple Recipes. The Farmer’s Dog meal contains protein, fresh veggies, and vitamins and minerals that are vital to canines. That’s all there is to it: USDA Kitchens. The Farmer’s Dog food packets are manufactured in USDA kitchens, which are the same kitchens in which your own food is manufactured. Vet-Approved. In accordance with AAFCO standards, board-certified veterinary nutritionists create and approve each recipe, ensuring that it is 100 percent complete and balanced (you should always give your dog AAFCO-certified food, whether it is fresh or not)
- Processing time is reduced. Farmers Dog meals are fresh, prepared at moderate temperatures, and little processed, especially when compared to commercial dog food. Given that highly processed meals have traditionally been detrimental to human health, it stands to reason that they are also detrimental to your dog’s health. Pre-Portioned. The Farmer’s Dog meals are pre-portioned according to the size and demands of your dog
- They are As Fresh As Can Be. After it is manufactured, the Farmer’s Dog food is delivered within a few days. Deep-frozen food is never used (only flash-frozen food is used to keep it safe during delivery), it isn’t intended to be shelf-stable (for better or worse), and it is brought to your doorstep as soon as possible. Packaging that is environmentally friendly. The Farmer’s Dog meals are packaged in a recyclable cardboard box, with the insulation being made of biodegradable materials. The food storage container that is included in each shipment is likewise biodegradable, and all of the packs are produced from materials that are free of BPA and are non-toxic in nature.
How The Farmer’s Dog Works
When you initially create your The Farmer’s Dog profile, you’ll be asked to submit a great deal of information about your dog.
The Farmer’s Dog ProfileCustomization
You’ll begin with the name of your dog and the address where you reside on the first page. Following that, you’ll need to submit information on your dog’s age, weight, breed, and body type. I found the body type diagrams to be very useful, because I believe that many dog owners are unaware that their dog may be overweight.
In this case, the diagram might be really useful. You’ll also provide information about any medical difficulties your dog may be experiencing, as well as information about your dog’s current food. You’ll also include information on the following topics:
- The degree of activity of your dog (not active / active / highly active / professional athlete)
- Your dog’s eating habit (extremely fussy / a little finicky / decent eater / eats anything)
- The breed of your dog
- And the age of your dog.
The Farmer’s Dog Recipes: Beef, Turkey,Pork (aka the Good Stuff)
After you’ve provided all of the necessary information, you’ll receive a detailed diet plan for your dog, replete with recipes. This allows you to go over each dish in depth, go over the ingredients, and eliminate any recipes that you don’t care for. Simply click on any recipe to get detailed information about the ingredients and nutritional values.
How Much Does The Farmer’s Dog Cost?
No one will be surprised to learn that The Farmer’s Dog is more expensive than your typical kibble option. It is estimated that the Farmer’s Dog food would cost between $2 and $10 a day, depending on the size of your dog (smaller dogs, as always, are cheaper to feed). With a 10-pound Dachshund profile entered, we were able to calculate price at $18.50 a week for the canine companion (fill out their questionnairefor personalized pricing details). Please remember that K9 of Mine readers may receive a 50% discount on their first order of The Farmer’s Dog, making it considerably more inexpensive to give it a try (click here to receive the 50% discount).
Pros + Cons of The Farmer’s Dog
Discuss the merits and downsides of The Farmer’s Dog in this section.
- Food of exceptional quality. As we discussed in detail in our in-depth analysis of The Farmer’s Dog’s fundamental characteristics, this dog chow is of extremely high quality and is produced from truly great ingredients. It is lightly processed, veterinarian-formulated, and freshly prepared. Overfeeding is prevented by using pre-portioned portions. Dog obesity is not a laughing matter, and it is becoming as widespread as the obesity pandemic that affects humans. The pre-portioned packets of The Farmer’s Dog food (which are adapted depending on your dog’s caloric needs) prevent you from mistakenly overfeeding Fido, keeping him lean and trim
- Customizable: The Farmer’s Dog food may be modified to meet your dog’s specific nutritional needs (to some degree). You won’t have as much control over the ingredients as you would with some other fresh dog diets, but the Farmer’s Dog profile questions will guarantee that you get a diet that is tailored to your dog’s size, weight, and age. It may also help to ease some health conditions. The Farmer’s Dog has been reported to enhance the hair, skin, health, and general demeanor of many dogs, and the delivery service is excellent. My typical grocery shop trip consists of hauling three 12-packs of seltzer, my human groceries, as well as a large bag of dog food, all the way to my car in one trip. Having dog food delivered may make life a whole lot simpler, and dogs are particularly fond of the practice. This meal is really adored by the dogs! Remy actually started drooling as I was photographing his supper plate, which was something I’d never seen him do before.
- It’s not the best environment for training. Although this isn’t a drawback of The Farmer’s Dog particularly, it is a drawback of fresh dog feeds in general in that they cannot be used for training. In the last several weeks, Remy and I have been working on a lot of loose leash walking, “leave it” exercise, and other things. Rather than feeding him his daily breakfast and supper kibble into a reward pouch, I like to pour it into a treat pouch and serve it to him on our walks while we are working on training activities. If you’re using fresh dog food, this is just not feasible
- It also doesn’t work well with some puzzle toys. When Remy looks to be becoming bored, I’ll pour some of his kibble into a food-dispensing ball, and he’ll have a great time snuffling about and rolling the ball to get the food out of the ball. This is clearly not possible with freshly prepared dog food. While this is the case, you could absolutely still place The Farmer’s Dog food in a KONG and freeze it, proving that fresh dog food is not incompatible with all puzzle toys
- Nevertheless, this is not a foolproof method. Fresh dog feeds are marketed in such a way that it appears like switching to a fresh choice would heal all of your dog’s diseases. While it is true that some dogs do notice a significant improvement, switching to any high-quality diet, whether fresh or kibble-based, may make a significant difference
- Nevertheless, it is (very) expensive. However, The Farmer’s Dog is a very costly dog food, and not everyone will be able to afford it in the long run (this is a concern with any fresh dog food, not just The Farmer’s Dog). Fortunately, you may try Farmer’s Dog for a month or two and see what type of change you see in your dog
- Then you can decide if it’s worth continuing with the treatment or not
- Or It is not easily transportable. Because the Farmer’s Dog food must be refrigerated after it is received, it isn’t particularly convenient to transport. This might be difficult if you travel a lot with your dog or if your dog spends a lot of time in different places (for example, with a dog sitter).
My Experience With The Farmer’s Dog
During our week-long stay at The Farmer’s Dog, I’d want to share my thoughts with you. What I really like:
- Remy was giddy with anticipation as he prepared to dine. a noticeable difference in Remy’s feces (I mean, he likes food in general, but he seemed extra enthusiastic when I pulled out the The Farmer’s Dog packages)
- Remy’s stools have been consistently moist and loose for quite some time. For the sake of argument, let’s just pretend that I spend a good minute or two attempting to corral his droppings into a bag when we go for walks, and I’m only occasionally successful, resulting in a great deal of guilt on my part. After a week of feeding Farmer’s Dog, his feces are more firmer and appear to be in better condition. They’re also considerably easier to pick up
- The personalisation is also much more prominent. Seeing mine and Remy’s names right on the container, I thought, was so nice. I know it doesn’t really signify anything, but it made me smile. Just the fact that it was there made us (well, especially me) feel special.
The one thing that has disappointed me is that Remy has been really itchy, and I was hoped that switching to a higher-quality feed would alleviate this problem. Unfortunately, even after a week of treatment with The Farmer’s Dog, he is still itchy and scratchy. The Farmer’s Dog, on the other hand, is not to blame for this. The fact that Remy is most likely suffering from an environmental allergy rather than a food allergy is all that this means (environmental allergies are much more commonin dogs than food allergies).
- It’s unclear how their diet might help with environmental allergies, but it’s possible that with continued use, I’ll notice improved outcomes.
- I haven’t decided yet.
- It is fairly expensive, and because Remy is a new puppy in my life, we are spending a lot of time working on his training.
- I also take Remy to my mother’s place a couple days a week so that she can look after him when I’m at work for lengthy periods of time.
Who is The Farmer’s Dog Best For?
The Farmer’s Dog fresh dog food is especially beneficial for the following conditions:
- Picky eaters are a common occurrence. When it comes to finicky eaters, there’s little likelihood that your dog will reject this item. If you’re finished with training, you’ll find it absolutely appealing. If your dog already knows the basics and you don’t have the kind of regular training sessions we’re working on right now, not being able to utilize kibble as a training tool won’t be a big concern
- If You Want to Share With Fido Most of the time, I’m joking, but honestly, this meal looks so delicious that I’m almost tempted to try a mouthful of it. However, I haven’t attempted it since I don’t want to make Remy mad, but the fact is that it simply appears to be a shitshow
- If you don’t do a lot of moving about. Fresh dog food is not particularly portable, therefore it is best suited for owners who are relatively sedentary and do not move much, as well as those who do not frequently go on road trips with Fido. If Your Dog Is Suffering From a Medical Condition. Many dog owners who have sick dogs or puppies that have odd conditions have observed their dogs turn 180 degrees when they feed them new pet food. In the event that you have a sick dog and believe you have exhausted all other options, The Farmer’s Dog is surely worth a try.
Should You Try The Farmer’s Dog?
Yes, I believe that The Farmer’s Dog is a dish that should be tried. Remy truly enjoyed the meal, and I could see by the change in his feces that the diet had a positive impact on his digestion. Following the application of The Farmer’s Dog, several owners have reported even more significant improvements in their pup’s fur, complexion, and even disposition. While The Farmer’s Dog is a more costly dog food option, given the fact that you can save 50% on your first box, I don’t see why any pup parent shouldn’t give it a shot for a limited time.
Alternatively, it’s possible that your dog will significantly improve in ways you didn’t expect. Consequently, you may find The Farmer’s Dog to be well worth the money spent on it.
Farmer’s Dog FAQ
The price of a Farmer’s Dog varies based on the size of the dog being purchased. If you buy fresh food for your dog, it can cost between $2 and $10 per day, depending on the size of your dog (smaller dogs use less food and hence have a lower feeding cost than bigger dogs). The Farmer’s Dog cost was calculated based on an example profile for a 10-pound dog, and it came out at around $18 per week. However, as previously mentioned, there are excellent savings available to first-time consumers.
Is The Farmer’s Dog Worth It?
This is very dependent on your financial situation as well as the demands of your dog. If your dog suffers from stomach and digestive problems on a regular basis, has poor-quality feces, or has other medical conditions that may be helped by a better diet, then The Farmer’s Dog may be worth the comparatively expensive cost. In the event if your dog is healthy and content with his existing diet, there may not be much of a cause to switch food brands. Have you ever tried The Farmer’s Dog? If not, you should.
Keep in mind that K9 of Mine readers may receive a 50 percent discount off their first box of The Farmer’s Dog if you join up using this link if you haven’t already.
Ollie vs The Farmer’s Dog: Comparing the Best Fresh Dog Food
Most likely, if you are concerned about your own nutritional needs, you will be concerned about the nutritional needs of your dogs as well. Years have passed without any serious competition or regulation of the kibble and canned wet food industries. These industries are frequently providing combinations of components that do not adequately match the nutritional needs of your dog. Fresh, nutritionally balanced dog food, on the other hand, has just recently entered the market, and its popularity is continuing to rise.
Two leading rivals, Ollie and The Farmer’s Dog, provide this service.
If you are already familiar with this area and are only interested in comparing prices, you can move straight to our pricing comparison table.
Is there anything wrong with regular dog food?
The majority of domesticated dogs nowadays consume kibble, which is nothing more than dried pellets of meat, poultry, and fish byproducts, also known as “meal,” that are fed to them. Poultry meal, beef meal, lamb meal, and fish meal are all terms used to describe the low-quality proteins found in kibble, which are mostly ground-up bones, organs, and raw, sometimes diseased or rancid animal flesh. Poultry meal, beef meal, lamb meal, and fish meal are all terms used to describe the low-quality proteins found in kibble.
Similarly to people who have a gluten intolerance, many dogs suffer from skin and gastro-intestinal symptoms as a result of grain allergies, which are exacerbated by highly processed grains such as those present in dog food.
Peas, lentils, chickpeas, beans, potatoes, and sweet potatoes are all examples of grain-free choices to consider.
Afterwards, it is packed with synthetic preservatives in order to extend the shelf life even further, and then sliced into the little pellets we recognize in our dog’s bowl, which are essentially a dried soup of meat, bone meal, and oily yellow fat.
This is what we call “dog food.” While kibble may have a high calorie and fat content, it falls short of meeting your dog’s genuine nutritional needs in the long run.
Is wet food unhealthy too?
Most dogs will come racing when they hear the sound of a can being opened, anticipating the arrival of a huge dollop of wet food in their dish. In addition to being enticed by the fragrance of moist meats, wet dog food is often higher in protein, lower in carbohydrates, and lower in preservatives than dry kibble. In contrast to dry food, canned food is still created from inferior grade animal byproducts that are mass produced, and does not provide the entire nutritional value that your dog needs to flourish.
The crux of the problem is that wet dog food, like dry kibble, lacks the wide variety of fruits, vegetables, and high-quality meats that your dog requires for maximum health and well-being.
Disruption in the dog food industry
In recent years, the dog food business has been criticized for becoming less regulated than it was in prior decades. Regardless of whether production and manufacture have moved outside to China or have remained in the United States, the FDA does virtually little in advance to protect the sector from potentially deadly health problems. In both 2019 and 2018, many brands of dry and wet dog food were recalled due to high levels of Vitamin D and salmonella outbreaks, which resulted in the death of thousands of loving dogs across the United States.
Unfortunately, because there is no centralized record of pet deaths in the United States or overseas, despite hundreds of pet owners claiming their pets died as a result of symptoms matching those associated with the recalled meals, only 14 connected instances have been confirmed in the United States.
These terrible events have resulted in a widespread mistrust of the pet food business among pet owners all throughout the country.
They also provide the extra convenience of meal delivery, allowing you to provide fresh food for your pets without ever having to leave the comfort of home.
What makes fresh dog food different?
Fresh dog food products are giving pets with a level of safety and quality that has never previously been offered to them. Animal byproducts are not used in the preparation of these meals, and there are no preservatives or artificial flavors used in their preparation. Ollieboasts that their human-grade meats are obtained from family-run farms in the United States and Australia, and that they include fruits, vegetables, and superfoods to fill out your dog’s nutritional needs.
It was quite a posh affair! The Farmer’s Dog, on the other hand, provides a Michelin-star dining experience. Its fresh cuisine is cooked in USDA-approved kitchens utilizing human-grade meat and vegetables that have retained all of their nutritional integrity throughout the process.
New fresh dog food products are bringing canines the highest level of safety and nutritional value they have ever experienced. Animal byproducts are not used in the preparation of these meals, and there are no preservatives or artificial flavors used in the preparation of these meals. Ollieboasts that their human-grade meats are obtained from family-run farms in the United States and Australia, and that they include fruits, vegetables, and superfoods to fill out your dog’s nutritional requirements.
A Michelin-starred experience is also provided by The Farmer’s Dog.
Convenience and flexibility
With a variety of options that include free delivery and flexible deliveries, both Ollie and The Farmer’s Dog allow you to totally replace your dog’s meals with fresh food, or merely to incorporate fresh food into your dog’s kibble diet, depending on your preferences (as you would during the transition from dry to fresh). The Ollie website includes a sliding widget that allows you to vary daily portioning (25 percent, 50 percent, or 100 percent) of your dog’s meals, which quickly changes the weekly prices that are presented at the bottom of your computer screen.
Personalized meal plans
Similarly, both Ollie and The Farmer’s Dog provide customized meals that are tailored to your dog’s size, breed, and specific nutritional requirements. Each organization begins the process by having you complete a brief survey in order to acquire information for your dog’s profile. In contrast to Ollie, which allows you to customize your dog’s food based on specific allergies, The Farmer’s Dog goes one step further by allowing you to choose from a wider range of specific conditions your dog may be suffering from, including cancer, diarrhea or constipation, low-fat diet requirements, skin issues, gas, grain sensitivity, bad breath, seizures, and other medical conditions.
When you check out, The Farmer’s Dog provides a summary of your dog’s characteristics, as well as the exact number of calories your dog need each day.
Your dog’s meals, whether they are named Ollie or The Farmer’s Dog, will need to be refrigerated.
They also recommend storing meals if there isn’t enough space in the refrigerator, so that they can thaw before serving. Ollie meals are served in a branded food bowl with a resealable cover, which helps to keep uneaten portions fresh for extended periods of time.
Both Ollie and The Farmer’s Dog offer pricing that is based on your dog’s breed, size, activity level, allergies, and other unique nutritional needs; thus, dog profile questionnaires must be completed in order to know exactly how much your dog will cost each week at either facility. To jump to the dog food comparison table, which contains ranges of regular prices, click here. However, there is no getting past the fact that chilled dinners will be significantly more expensive. Even if you attempted to prepare your pets’ meals from scratch, the cost would be far more than kibble, not to mention the time it would take.
Fresh dog food is a luxury, but if you can afford it, switching from kibble or canned wet food to fresh dog food may be extremely beneficial to the furriest members of your family in a significant and lasting sense.
In addition, as a special deal, Ollie is presently providing 50 percent off your first box, and The Farmer’s Dog is also offering 50 percent off your first box at this time.
It’s best to introduce a new meal to your dog gradually over a period of a week to ensure that he doesn’t have any digestive issues. While some animals are pickier eaters than others, the majority of dogs are wary anytime they are exposed to new flavors, and as a result, many may refuse to eat a completely different meal if it is placed in front of them. When it comes to transferring your dog to their fresh dog food, Ollie recommends the following:
- In the first two days, 25 percent of the total portion size of the new meal is combined with 75 percent of the old food. In the third and fourth days, half of the new food is combined with half of the old food. 75 percent new food combined with 25 percent old food on days 5 and 6. Day 7+: Completely different meals
Even if it turns out that your dog doesn’t like the new food, either business will enable you to experiment with different recipes. The Farmer’s Dog will compensate you for giving your excess food to a local shelter, while Ollie will provide free returns and refunds, among other benefits. How much does Ollie cost more than The Farmer’s Dog, and what is the difference between the two?
Ollie vs The Farmer’s Dog Price Comparison
Both companies will enable you to test other recipes if it turns out that your dog doesn’t like the new food after all. Besides that, Ollie provides free returns and refunds, while The Farmer’s Dog will pay you for giving your excess food to a local shelter. The difference in pricing between Ollie and The Farmer’s Dog is as follows:
Ollie vs The Farmer’s Dog: Comparing Fresh Dog Food Delivery
Like this chart? Follow us on Instagram or Pinterest to see more!
The Farmer’s Dog’s pricing is a little more difficult to figure out than you might anticipate, as their website requires you to enter some customisation information before it will provide you with an estimate. We have no reason to believe that they are engaging in any illegal activity; rather, it appears that they are sincerely attempting to determine the most cost-effective alternative before presenting you with the cost of a meal plan. The pricing will range from around $3 per day for a little animal (although they claim you can get it for about $2 if you purchase enough) to up to $19 per day for a large animal, depending on the size of the animal.
We believe it is worthwhile to enter your information in order to determine where you will come out for a membership – and you will receive a 50 percent discount if you click on the link in the pricing table above.
How much does Ollie cost?
When you visit Ollie’s website, it’s also a little more difficult than you might anticipate to see the cost of a meal subscription right away. Again, we don’t believe they are attempting to conceal anything; rather, we believe they are genuinely interested in providing you with a customized pricing plan based on your pet’s individual requirements. You’ll discover that Ollie’s prices range from around $3.85 to just over $4 per day for a smaller animal to just under $10 per day for the largest canines after you submit some basic information about your pet’s size, breed, and other characteristics.
As a result, they are slightly more expensive on the smaller end of the spectrum and less expensive on the bigger end.
Check out the table above to see how much each size will cost, as well as how it compares to similar items from the Farmer’s Dog.
Who is offering the free trial?
Ollie and The Farmer’s Dog do not provide free trials for new clients, no doubt because making tailored, fresh pet food is as expensive for the firm as it is for the user. Although Ollie is now providing a special price of 50% off the first box, as is The Farmer’s Dog, this is only for a limited time.
The Verdict: Which is better, Farmer’s Dog or Ollie?
It’s never been simpler to find fresh, high-quality dog food than it is now. Ollie’s prices for bigger pets are expected to be reduced by roughly $30 per week compared to the competition. Farmer’s Dog price, on the other hand, is more affordable for smaller dogs, and you’ll likely save $2 or $3 a week by signing up for their subscription. There are turkey and beef dinners in each of these recipes, and they both appear to be excellent meal alternatives. You can save 50 percent on your first Ollie order if you use the discount code listed in the table above – click here to learn more.
The Farmer’s Dog also distributes their meals in materials that are minimum, recyclable, biodegradable, and compostable, earning them an A+ for taking into consideration the health of our world as well as the health of our animals.
However, if you can afford to have fresh dog food delivered to your house, you can most likely afford to spend a few more dollars on environmentally friendly packaging.
Increased personalization of your dog’s meal plan is made possible via the use of Ollie, which provides additional information about the components and how they effect your dog’s health.
So if you have any queries or complaints about anything related to your dog’s food meals or delivery, you can be certain that your emails will be handled in a timely manner, or that you will be able to speak to a live person right away via phone.
Discover the latestD2C wellness products
Fresh dog food should be a fixture in all of our pets’ lives, even if it is now considered a luxury. Kibble and canned meals are no longer considered healthy for our pets, owing to the way the pet food business has taken advantage of the lack of regulation in the market. They may be enriched with nutrients to keep our dogs alive, but those nutrients are not obtained from genuine fruits or vegetables, nor are they produced from high-quality protein sources. The introduction of fresh dog food and delivery services such as Ollie (get 50% OFF the first box here) and The Farmer’s Dog (get 50% OFF the first order here) are revolutionizing the industry and disrupting traditional dog food by providing fully balanced meals for our dogs while making it more convenient for pet owners than ever before.
This will ensure that your dog lives a long and healthy life as your best friend and furriest family member.